Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Your 2013 Curvy Spokesmodel

Who says you have to put limits on yourself...on your imagination, on your dreams? Not me. While I am a college student, a non-profit director, blogger, and motivational speaker, I decided to add Plus Modeling to the list! I began my pursuit in 2011. One of my dear friends and photography major suggested that we do a fun, creative photo shoot. I had so much fun and the photos turned out great! She suggested that I pursue modeling and my initial thought was...Nah! However, I began doing research and building up my portfolio. I am proud to announce that now in 2013 I am CurvesRock Weekend's 2013 Curvy Spokesmodel. I wil have the blessed opportunity and pleasure of meeting already iconic plus models such as Anita Marshall and Liris Crosse this summer! I am anticipating a couple editorial features in a couple of magazines soon.Anytime you can have fun, do what you love, and help and inspire people at the same time, you've found a true jewel that you should wrap your arms around and embrace. I cannot wait to see where this goes in 2 more years, before I graduate! I am all about breaking barriers and reaching new heights, if anything because of the freedom and liberation it brings for you and the others who will follow behind! Plus modeling just 5 years ago or especially 10 years ago was not very popular and scolded by many. Popular fashion designers tried to do plus model shows where people got up and walked out! However, as I'm sure you know without me waving a flag of the statistics, most people and most women wear double digits and are not a size 00 or even a size 08, yet for the longest time, renowned fashion designers had ignored this million and perhaps billion dollar market! Plus women have said ENOUGH! We are showing that world that we are strong, that we are beautiful, and that we have buying power! THAT MEAN GREEN BABY! Unfortunately as it is, most executive decisions to change something center around the revenue a decision will generate, but the bigger picture is that change is being made. More people are demanding to see beautiful thickness in the tabloids and magazines. I'm glad to be a part of the movement! Now I must set straight one last thing...being PLUS SIZE does not mean we are celebrating unhealthy lifestyles. Plus models have to exercise and eat well, just the same. But we also promote eating and not starving oneself, because that's not healthy either. WILL I SEE YOU ARE CURVESROCK WEEKEND IN BALTIMORE THIS SUMMER? http://www.curvesrockweekend.com/index.html
Source:http://yasminearrington.blogspot.com/2013/05/your-2013-curvy-spokesmodel.html

Your 2013 Curvy Spokesmodel Images

Posted by: KeKe Dillard 12/06/2010 in Fashion & Style 1 Comment
(620 x 274 - 157.21 KB - jpeg)

Your Morning Tea: What’s Brewing In Fashion | StyleBlazer
(640 x 968 - 110.93 KB - jpeg)

New Glamour Cover!! - Curves and Chaos | Curves and Chaos
(298 x 405 - 41.09 KB - jpeg)

charlize-theron-85th-oscars
(618 x 997 - 84.55 KB - jpeg)

No comments:

Post a Comment