Thursday, May 30, 2013

Iron Man 3 - The Armors and a review

 Spoilers ahead!I loved Iron Man and Iron Man 2 FYI. I did come out of Iron Man 2 wishing they had more of Tony and Peppers relationship instead of them just coming together at the end. Whiplash was a cool character in concept and design but I think the filmmakers initial idea for Whiplash to go more compact and terroristic (See concept art by Ryan Mienerding that was revealed on the new box set with all the marvel movies) at the end of the movie was better than him build a big suit of armor and just have a big set of whips. But it did look cool at least and the suitcase armor was amazing with a cool armor-up process.from the art of Iron Man 2, taken by me, flash spot by my ignorance.So Iron Man 3 had me excited. I grew up watching the Iron Man cartoon so the Mandarin was a pretty familiar villain to me. I never really dug him that much and associate him with MODOK (can't we all agree he's a bad idea?) I don't know why mandarin was green...is that scurvy? I loved the Dark Knight feel that Shane Black's Iron Man script gave to the Mandarin. The Trevor moment made it even better for me and the moment near the end when Killian reveals that he IS the Mandarin is a sweet payout for fans. Also he can breathe fire. But only once for some reason. I hate when that happens to me! oh my.So the other twists were great too. The Maya double cross was great and the moment when Iron Man was hit by a car was confusing and a great moment for my brain to catch up with. The Extremis stuff was cool and the graphics were really excellent. I saw it on Imax 3d and the 3d was okay but it's definitely a trade off as you lose a lot of the detail you get from the digital format. I recommend seeing this movie at a drive in. Mostly for the sound quality you get. My paragraphs share no common theme.A wraparound of the mark 42 for toy design.The Mark 42 was an awesome running gag through the movie. What was shown to us in the trailers to be the ultimate suit of armor was just a messy prototype. When I told my Dad how Tony armors up with the mark 42 he rolled his eyes and I had to remind him it looks awesome so who cares. I think the concept was not a stretch for the Marvel Universe and really added some fun to the movie. Armoring up is my favorite part of the movie Iron Man and this movie had him going in and out of suits about 20 times. Seriously I think it was about that many. The finale had some great moments of him jumping in and out of suits and even just parts of the armor coming off. Concept art by Adi GranovMy only main complaints were Pepper in the finale (I don't know why. It just looked funny and was a weird idea for a newly Extremis'd person to beat the crap out of an experienced guy) and the under-powering of the armors in the finale. Some people say that they were all just prototype units, but I know they just did it to add some conflict and some cool explosions. And along with that they went and designed 35+ suits of armor and only showcased 5-6 of them. After the movie the first thing I did was try and find all the armors. Which was difficult. But I did it. Some dude scanned these in. Some are almost exactly the same as others but all in all I think they are great. I still can't figure out which one he was wearing in the finale when he was fighting on some scaffolding and had small vertical lights on both sides of his arc reactor. The Silver Centurion armor was one of my favorites.the heartbreaker armor-modeled after James Dean.The fight scenes were great. Every one. The fights without the armor or partially with the armor were maybe the best of the bunch too. My wife said, "Yeah right." Speaking of great the little kid was a fun addition and Tony's relationship with him was unexpected and fun. The movie had some great jokes and even some Downton Abbey which I addmittedly have watched. And other stuff happened in this movie. It was mostly good stuff. Let me know what you thought in the comments section! Enjoy the Marks 5-42! Scans from-http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=455137&page=9I'm pretty sure they are from 'The Art of Iron Man 3' which comes out soon.
Source:http://jaredsalmond.blogspot.com/2013/05/iron-man-3-armors-and-review.html

Iron Man 3 - The Armors and a review Images

The Armors - Iron Man 3 Wiki Guide - IGN
(468 x 401 - 31.30 KB - jpeg)

Iron Man 3 Armors | BeyondHollywood.com
(940 x 805 - 78.46 KB - jpeg)

Iron Man 3′ – Your Guide to Tony Stark’s New Iron Man Armors
(630 x 420 - 91.44 KB - jpeg)

Iron Man 3 Armor – Mark 33 – Silver Centurion | BeyondHollywood ...
(810 x 972 - 281.04 KB - jpeg)

No comments:

Post a Comment